Tips and Tricks Edit
- XP is split approximately evenly between equipped champions. If a champion already max level due to cap the XP they would gain is lost.
- XP is rewarded for champions based on last hits (killed units) so in that regard champions with nuke special abilities are the easiest to level.
- To maximize last hits try to find levels that have lots of melee units and not ranged ones that can pick off your champions without being damaged. Also ones that have high density of melee units that can be bunched up by a large number of melee towers near a choke point. Great examples are LS Geonosis 1 and LS Felucia 6.
- Ability damage is calculated off base damage and ability level. Pure damage AOE skills like Yoda, EB Han Solo are incredibly useful to kill off large groups of units. Skills that damage and slow are worse as the pure damage doesn't immediately kill to give XP. Skills that boost for 10 seconds or call in units for 10 are the hardest to level as they don't really give high burst damage around stalled masses of units.
- Active/Passive Cards help lots
- 25% bonus XP card
- Active Skill Refresh helps reduce cooldown to maximize burst damage and unit kills
Light Side Edit
- Mid Game: Assumptions
- moderately leveled towers/champions. maximize XP for whatever level you can handle and burst damage will kill units. Expert will give approx 6000xp total so 2000 per champion.
- Genosis 1 LS
- build 6 melee towers at start on bottom row. concentrate 9 melee units and 3 champions at front location with other 3 in back spaced out to catch speeder units and those that slip through.
- trying to burst damage with abilities when large clumps of units amass and before they start to slip through. wave 6+7 is hard make sure to burst the speeder troops or you may be overwhelmed.
- Pros are that waves are mainly melee which are easily bunched for mass kills and low health units makes it easy to get lots of last hits. Cons speeder troops will get through before you can kill them.
- Late Game: Assumptions
- a few high level max skill champions 45-50 minimum. 55 preferable. levels 55-60 are a slow grind and usually gems you get from acheivements are usueful to avoid level 58-60. max level 50 towers.
- Felucia 6 LS
- the highest level xp I've found to get champions leveled. with bonus xp card and skill cards can get about 24000xp total for about 8000 xp per champion. Level has tons of xp and is short at only 6 waves.
- 5 melee towers at the choke point. keep front 3 level 1 to not steal your champions' kills yet still hold up the enemy. side 2 tower around middle of ring at level 2 to start eventually to 3. 1 level 3 ranged long range cannon near bottom left to pick off stragglers.
- Burst damage kills early waves. make sure to pull off champions with skills ready to burst long range sniper units on wave 3. snipers will pile up in a single area and rush champions in to burst for a healthy chunk of xp. Survive next few waves with commandos/speeders and then upgrade all melee towers to 3 and micro the tank spiders. sell off ranged tower and rear and ensure last hit on spiders for awesome xp. heroes might die from the death explosion so try to last hit with only 1 person (if champion gets last hit with a skill they are invunerable during animation frames of their skill so that's useful)
Dark Side Edit
- Haven't played much DS but I know most of the levels are much harder to grind xp. Nothing exists like LS Geonosis 1 thats almost 95% melee. Possible candidates are DS Geonosis 1 but have to micro a ton around snipers and the choke point is too far back. DS Geonosis 3 is also decent but same problems especially around later waves. only 1 backup tower to pick off stragglers before breaching base.
- Best So Far: DS Felucia 6
- stack melee towers at front side of ring x3 and burst Jedi masters/speeders. Only have been able to get about 14000 total xp from this level so far but I don't have any super high level champions yet. ~40-45 durasteel with max skill +relics.
In general the later planets give much better XP and I'm hoping that Kashyyyk will actually have fair xp rewards for the DS. Seeing as event levels give zero XP it would be nice to at least get normal XP but really there should be a boost to encourage use of tickets and event participation. The event levels are also harder so should be worth more and also include kills for acheivements. A double xp weekend like they used to do would also be nice.
XP Table Edit
|Level||Xp To Next||Total to Reach Level|